Frequently Ask Question’s
1. Why is the air-con leaking water?
A normal air-conditioner will have water condensate in the indoor fan coil and discharge through a drainage pipe to the nearest drain. Water will start to leak when the drainage piping is clogged / choked. Should no gravity drain be possible pump might have been installed to assist in the removal of the condensate. This might have failed. Call our qualified technician to solve your problem.
2. Why the air-con is not cold?
There are a number of possible explanations for this fault.
- The indoor fan coil is dirty resulting in weak dissipation of cool air.
- The outdoor condenser is dirty making it incapable of producing cooling refrigerant.
- The desired operating temperature is set too high.
- There may not refrigerant in the air-conditioning system.
- Parts may be faulty.
- Fan motor is clod with dust. Thus, cool air is being blocked, therefore cannot be blown out.
- The air conditioner installed is undersized.
3. Why is the air-con blinking?
The blinking/flashing of indicator light indicate that there is a fault with the air conditioning system. Hence the air conditioner switches off by itself. Our qualified technician is needed to diagnose and repair the fault. As this is a protective function to prevent the air conditioner from further damage is not advisable to do a reset to get the air-con temporary working. operation might further damage the air conditioning system.
4. Why is the air-on smelly?
The smell comes from bacteria formed by microbes in the warm dark humid environment in the indoor fan coil unit. Sometimes when the smell is very bad you may need a more intensive chemical treatment to rectify this problem.
5. Why is the air-con noisy?
Noise is normally generated from:
- Vibration noise resulting from dirty indoor fan coil/outdoor condenser.
- Noisy draft resulting from dirty indoor fan coil.
- Faulty parts in the air-conditioning system.
- Loose mounting of component in the air-conditioning system.
6. Why is power supply tripped whenever I switch on my air-con unit after a few minutes?
The reason why is because in most cases, it is due to your compressor grounded, contractor faulty on your power supply is insufficient for the air-con unit run. To determine the fault, call us to analyzed the problem for you.
7. What should be done if there is a refrigerant leakage problem?
If your air-conditioning system has a refrigerant leak problem, simply adding of refrigerant (R22 / R410) is not a solution. A trained technician should perform a nitrogen pressure test to trace and repair the leak. Upon completion of leakage repair, a correct amount of refrigerant should be topped up.
8. Do we need to clean the condensing coil?
You need to clean the condensing coil (outdoor unit) at least every 6 months to make sure that the air circulation is not blocked. It can affect the cooling efficiency, a shorter compressor life and higher electrical consumption. Sometimes, it is subjected to environmental conditions, which require a qualified technician to give recommendations.
9. Why is my fan coil unit is frozen?
There are three possibilities. Ice forming on the discharged pipe is due to insufficient gas in the system. Ice formation on the suction pipe could be caused by a dirty (fan coil/condenser coil) or, a dirty filter or, the indoor unit blower is not rotating. You could also have a stuck electrical relay, causing the unit to constantly run. Call our service technician.
10. What is the advantage of regular air-con service?
Regular service of your air-conditioning equipments will provide the following benefits:
- The air-conditioner will cool better.
- The electrical consumption of the air-conditioning equipments will be lower.
- Air-con leaking will be minimised.
- There will be less need for aircon repair.
- The air-con equipment lifespan will be prolonged.
11. How often should I have the air-con services?
In general, it is recommended that a residential air-conditioner is to be serviced and checked every 3 to 4 months. The duration varies with different usage patterns and other environmental factors. Please seek the assessment of our qualified technician.
12. Why does the air-con switch ON and OFF by itself?
It could be a fault with the indoor electronic circuit board or the timer settings. The circuit board controls the operation of the indoor fan coil and damage caused it to loose its operational control. a repair or replacement of the circuit board is necessary.